Posted on: June 5th 2018

Year 5 pupils - registration for Secondary Transfer 2019

During June, you will be given a form to register your child for Secondary school, to complete this, you will need copies of the following:


1.         The Borough require a photocopy of the Child Benefit document dated since September 2017.  This letter will be produced by the Child Benefit office of HMRC even the parent/s do not receive payment because they are over the earnings threshold.


To request a copy letter call HMRC on 0300 200 3100. The telephone system is voice automated. When

prompted after the introduction please respond in the following order: “Child Benefit”. “Speak to an

advisor”. “Education”. “Yes”. “No”.

  • Tell the advisor that you need a letter for school admissions purposes.
  • Make your request immediately as it may take ten days or more to arrive.


2.         They also require a photocopy of the child’s full birth certificate – this is the long version which includes the names of both parents.


If you haven’t already got copies of the required documentation, you will hopefully have a chance over the next few weeks to obtain them so the registration forms can be returned promptly. Please speak to Mrs Archer in the school office if you have any queries.