Gray's Farm App
Since September 2015, we have been using our own branded school app to communicate important information, news and events with parents & carers of Gray’s Farm Primary Academy. Since we launched the app it has been downloaded 1562 times (to date) with over 1.8 million sections viewed!
The success of the Gray’s Farm app along with the usage of the School Gateway has allowed us to make communication more efficient. In addition, we have been able to significantly reduce the amount of money spent on text message communications by using the app for non-urgent communication and we have reduced the amount of letters sent out on paper, which helps toward protecting our environment.
Please follow these steps to download the app:
- Search for “Piota Schools” in the Apple app store or the Google Play store on Android devices and download the application on your device
- Launch the app, you will be asked to enter the name of the school, Type “Gray’s Farm Primary Academy” into the search box. Our app will then open
- Go to the Settings page of the app and in the Channels section select the groups you would like to join to be notified about news, events, information etc
- On the Homepage of the app, click on the padlock at top right to register yourself
- Next time you open the app it should go straight to our school and remember the settings you have entered as above
You may download the app onto multiple devices but will need to install separately on each one.
1. Start by visiting the Settings page (see right, reached via 'More' tile on Home page) and turn on the year groups you are interested in. The app will then alert you to relevant messages in these categories.
Please leave the Urgent alerts category turned on. This is for urgent and whole school messages that everyone needs to see.
2. The “Timeline” tile contains a record of the alert messages you have been sent by the school. The circular counter on the app shows how many unread messages you have.
3. It is a good idea to close the app when not in use. This allows content to refresh and you will not miss anything urgent since alert messages will pop up on your phone even when the app is off.
4. You can find a more detailed guide to navigating the app in the “Information” section of the app itself.